Saturday, 19 September 2026

Week 580 Review - Optibiotix and Jubilee Metals ruin an otherwise flat week.

It was a largely flat week, but my biggest holdings all dropped, so the result was a widening of the deficit between cost and value by £2,667 to £154,713 and a widening of the deficit between injection and value to £60,556. Total portfolio value fell to £129,183.

Worst performer was SBTX:SkinBioTherapeutics, which dropped 17% for no reason whatsoever.

JLP:Jubilee Metals is my 2nd largest holding and dropped 13% and was responsible for a big chunk of the losses.

FSG:Foresight Group Holdings fell 7% but most of that was from going ex-dividend.

IES:Invinity Energy drifted 7% lower.

HPOW:H-Power fell 6% which seems the same kind of drift as with IES.

OPTI:Optibiotix gave insipid interims and fell 5%, but that was on the back of a 13% rise last week.

FNX:Fonix went up 5% and is only 7% down now.

DXRX:Diaceutics has been motoring the last few weeks and went up another 6% this week so is now only 3% down.

TRU:Trufin is hopefully recovering from selling off a chunk of its assets and went up 6% this week, but is still 11% down. Given it has sold off such a big chunk of the company, I doubt it will be in my top 50 rankings in 6 months time, so I may sell it when it gets back to break-even.

BTG:BTG Consulting had a good AGM trading statement and went up 7% so is now only 7% down.

Share of the week is KEYS:Keystone Law Group which gave out a stellar interim report and went up 14% to go 17% into profit.

Here's the ISA and shares portfolio after week 8 of year 12.

Weekly Change
Cash£84.00    -£998.44
Portfolio cost£115,275.95+£998.43
Portfolio sell value
(bid price-commission)
£30,519.96(-73.5%)-£2,125.33
Potential profits£320.50-£25.62
Yr 12 Dividends£418.25
+£0
Yr 12 Interest£0 .03         +£0
Yr 12 Profit from sales£0+£0
Yr 12 proj avg monthly profit£220.20(3.0%)-£31.46
Total Dividends£12,993.15+£0
Total Interest£10.42    +£0
Total Profit from sales£15,798.12+£0
Average monthly cash profit£210.17(2.9%)-£0.36
(Sold stocks profit + Dividends
- Fees / Months)

I used my cash injection to buy 523 shares in KOO:Kooth at 189.95p costing £998.44. They are near the top of my AIM magic formula rankings but I've been reluctant to buy as they rely heavily on Medicaid, which the American government have been destroying. However, with social media platforms being fined over harming the mental wellbeing of the younger generation, and with KOO providing online mental wellbeing support, it seemed there could be a lot of money being directed at their services even without Medicaid, so I decided now was the time to invest.

Portfolio value was absolutely hammered thanks to JLP:Jubilee Metals, OPTI:Optibiotix and SBTX:SkinBioTherapeutics and dropped over £2k, but AMRQ:Amaroq only dropped slightly so potential profits only suffered by £25.


A definite dip.


Right back on that bloody trend line!


Not much hope of this looking any better.

The SIPP looks like this after week 564 overall and week 44 of year 11.




Weekly Change
Cash£851.54
+£105.10
Portfolio cost£167,684.74
+£0
Portfolio sell value
(bid price - commission)
£97,727.60(-41.7%)-£542.05
Potential profits£10,795.91
+£499.53
Yr 11 Dividends£2,069.38
+£105.10
Yr 11 Interest£15.53
+£0
Yr 11 Profit from sales£12,877.64
+£0
Yr 11 proj avg monthly profit£1,456.10(17.1%)-£23.27
Total Dividends£20,289.58
+£105.10
Total Interest£36.23
+£0
Total Profit from sales£37,544.15
+£0
Average monthly cash profit£430.81(5.1%)+£0.05

Some gold shares went up so potential profits improved by £499, but the losses already mentioned meant an overall drop of £542 in portfolio value. I had £35 dividend from FOUR:4imprint, £9 from FRES:Fresnillo, £16 from MSI:MS International and £43 from INVP:Investec, which was nice.


Why can't I stay above that injection line?


Still relentlessly following the trend line downwards.


The dividends kept this one flat this week.

I've caught up my backlog of posts, but my enthusiasm for writing these updates is waning as I seem to be losing money every week. I need the new director appointed by OPTI:Optibiotix to use his connections in the world of sweeteners to finally get Sweetbiotix being used in something, and I need the new focus of JLP:Jubilee Metals on their copper operation to start generating meaningful profit. It's those two companies that are really screwing up my performance because I went big and I went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment