The result was a widening in the deficit between cost and value of £2,663 to £148,791, but that was after cashing in £3,359 of profit, so it was really an up week. The deficit between injection and value grew to £54,763 and total portfolio value went up to £133,725.
Given gold stayed up during the week and results were very good, it's a real surprise that my worst performer was GGP:Greatland Resources, which dropped 7%.
IES:Invinity Energy have been drifting, and fell another 6% this week.
Given gold stayed up during the week and results were very good, it's a real surprise that my worst performer was GGP:Greatland Resources, which dropped 7%.
IES:Invinity Energy have been drifting, and fell another 6% this week.
I thought FNX:Fonix had started to turn around, but they dropped 5% this week.
Two of my brand new holdings got off to a bad start, with SRB:Serabi Gold and WVIA:Winvia Entertainment both dropping 5% from when I bought them.
There were very few big risers this week.
CORE:Solidcore Resources climbed 6% and it was interesting that a new investor offered to buy my shares vie a tender offer, but they had the cheek to offer less than the current share price. It did make me wonder if these may be considering re-listing in UK.
MSI:MS International also went up 6% so my holding is 25% up now.
Share of the week is ATYM:Atalya Mining, which climbed 12% as the price of copper went up. These are now above the recent placing price and my holding is up 27% and making £1,158 potential profit. I'm hoping these will be a long term holding.
Here's the ISA and shares portfolio after week 5 of year 12.
| Weekly Change | |||
| Cash | £86.57 | -£4.27 | |
| Portfolio cost | £114,277.52 | +£422.52 | |
| Portfolio sell value (bid price-commission) | £31,634.75 | (-72.3%) | +£401.58 |
| Potential profits | £179.60 | -£4.34 | |
| Yr 12 Dividends | £418.25 | +£418.25 | |
| Yr 12 Interest | £0 .03 | +£0 | |
| Yr 12 Profit from sales | £0 | +£0 | |
| Yr 12 proj avg monthly profit | £355.90 | (4.9%) | +£364.13 |
| Total Dividends | £12,993.15 | +£418.25 | |
| Total Interest | £10.42 | +£0 | |
| Total Profit from sales | £15,798.12 | +£0 | |
| Average monthly cash profit | £211.29 | (2.9%) | +£2.78 |
| (Sold stocks profit + Dividends - Fees / Months) |
I got a gigantic £418 dividend from TRU:Trufin, and as their share price hasn't recovered from ex-dividend day, I re-invested it in the same company, buying 427 shares at 97.78p costing £422.52. That increased by holding by 50% and reduced my average price to 105.6p.
Portfolio value went up a small amount, and potential profits dropped by just £4. The dividend took me into positive performance for year 12.
Still remarkably flat.
Just above the trend line.
The dividend give us a little nudge upwards.
This was a week of significant change, with 8 companies falling out of the top 50 in my magic formula ranking and being sold. I made £3,359 profit on those sales, and although my portfolio value stayed pretty much the same, the difference between cost and value suffered by £3,065 due to the profits being cashed in. That means it would have been an up week if I hadn't sold a load of shares.
Still remarkably flat.
Just above the trend line.
The dividend give us a little nudge upwards.
The SIPP looks like this after week 561 overall and week 41 of year 11.
| Weekly Change | ||||
| Cash | £934.71 | +£872.53 | ||
| Portfolio cost | £167,191.61 | +£2,549.88 | ||
| Portfolio sell value (bid price - commission) | £101,043.10 | (-39.6%) | -£3,065.58 | |
| Potential profits | £12,633.01 | -£2,978.56 | ||
| Yr 11 Dividends | £1.923.67 | +£26.75 | ||
| Yr 11 Interest | £15.53 | +£0 | ||
| Yr 11 Profit from sales | £12,877.64 | +£3,359.91 | ||
| Yr 11 proj avg monthly profit | £1,548.56 | (18.2%) | +£328.17 | |
| Total Dividends | £20,143.87 | +£26.75 | ||
| Total Interest | £36.23 | +£0 | ||
| Total Profit from sales | £37,544.15 | +£3,359.91 | ||
| Average monthly cash profit | £432.08 | (5.1%) | +£25.43 |
This was a week of significant change, with 8 companies falling out of the top 50 in my magic formula ranking and being sold. I made £3,359 profit on those sales, and although my portfolio value stayed pretty much the same, the difference between cost and value suffered by £3,065 due to the profits being cashed in. That means it would have been an up week if I hadn't sold a load of shares.
I kept almost £1,000 cash in my AJ Bell account to use for monthly purchases of £250. I also got a £26 dividend from UKW:Greencoat UK Wind.
These are the shares I sold
33 shares in CKN:Clarkson at 5046.053p making £469.84 (39.9%) profit.
18 shares in GAW:Games Workshop at 18462p making £1,104.52 (49.7%) profit.
26 shares in RSW:Renishaw at 5018.99p making £206.12 (19.3%) profit.
41 shares in RIO:Rio Tinto at 7671.5644p making £874.75 (38.5%) profit.
206 shares in INVP:Investec at 633.69p making £153.01 (13.8%) profit
785 shares in SBRE:Sabre Insurance at 171.21p making £137.76 (11.4%) profit.
127 shares in KNOS:Kainos Group at 1237.05p making £430.62 (38.4%) profit.
145 shares in BPM:BP Marsh & Partners at 672.55p making £16.72 (-1.7%) loss.
I would normally have kept BPM until it was in profit, but there was something else I wanted to buy, and the loss was miniscule. I kept my larger holding in BPM until it gets into profit, but will sell it then.
Here are the new shares that I bought with the proceeds
Ranked 4, MEGP:ME Group International 869 shares at 125.12p costing £1,099.68
Ranked 9, NICL:Nichols 104 shares at 1139p costing £1,191.51
Ranked 12, MYI:Murray International Trust 292 shares at 372.3525p costing £1,099.66
Ranked 13, KEYS:Keystone Law 186 shares at 587.5p costing £1,099.70
Ranked 16, INPP:International Public Partnerships 780 shares at 139.965p costing £1,098.68
Ranked 19, WVIA:Winvia Entertainment 441 shares at 247.8p costing £1,099.75
Ranked 21, SRB:Serabi Gold 630 shares at 320.25p costing £2,034.62.
Ranked 22, BRWM:Blackrock World Mining Trust 105 shares at 1032.5491p costing £1,096.55
Ranked 29, QLT:Quilter 562 shares at 193.268p costing £1,098.55
Ranked 32, LWDB:Law Debenture 87 shares at 1251.6722p costing £1,099.39. (Note these are outside the top 30 but there are 2 companies I can't buy on ethical grounds in the top 30, so I extended to 32 and I liked the look of this one.
I also bought another 947 shares in AMRQ:Amaroq at 104.8448p costing £999.83 in my Hargreaves Lansdown account, and another 715 at 104.8448p costing £754.64 in my AJ Bell account.
There are 5 companies in the top 30 I still don't own, so shall watch them over the next 6 months and hopefully buy some next time I get a pension transfer.
Now it's just a case of sitting back and seeing what happens!
The value line is still on the injection line. I dream of getting consistently above it.
The profit taking hit this one quite badly, but we're still above the trend line.
Yes - back above the trend line! Probably not for long, but over the last 12 months I've improved my long-term performance by around £100 per month, which I've got to be happy with. If only I can get the portfolio value back in the black
The value line is still on the injection line. I dream of getting consistently above it.
The profit taking hit this one quite badly, but we're still above the trend line.
Yes - back above the trend line! Probably not for long, but over the last 12 months I've improved my long-term performance by around £100 per month, which I've got to be happy with. If only I can get the portfolio value back in the black
I was quite sad to see some of my shares go, particularly GAW:Games Workshop, but I also enjoyed the complete lack of any bias when selling. If it fell out of the top 50, then it got sold, however much I liked it. If only I could bring more of my portfolio in line with this form of management. One day I'd love to be able to offload JLP:Jubilee Metals and OPTI:Optibitoix without a massive loss and move the proceeds into this system. I did get to do it with some of my PBX:Probiotix Health shares, so there is hope.






No comments:
Post a Comment